I started drinking Moonshine. Good Girl Moonshine, that is! If you are a Trim Healthy Mama, GGMS is THE daily sipper of choice. The original recipe is found in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook on page 397. But you can find a ton of tweaked recipes on Pinterest where people get all kinds of creative. There are so many elaborate recipes, you can almost find one for anything you can dream up. But today, I wanted to share how I do my GGMS. I’m a fan of sweet-tart, I like all the sour things. It’s kind of like a sweet-tart cherry limeade. If you don’t love sour, you probably won’t love this recipe. I find using my 2 quart pitcher with a lid is makes this GGMS an easy addition to any day because all I have to do is dump and shake it up…shake it up…up…up… No stirring, what?! I know a lot of people have concerns about keeping anything with ACV in plastic containers. So if this bothers you, you could totally go ahead and portion into your pint jars for a quick grab and go treat. The ingredients below are all you need to get shaking!
Tart Cherry Good Girl Moonshine
- Find a 2 quart pitcher and add
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (fresh or bottled- I buy Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice because it only contains lemon juice and is easier than squeezing fresh lemons)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother (if you don’t love ACV, you could pull it back to 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 packs of True Lime Black Cherry Limeade mix (if you buy the kind that makes 16 oz. OR you can use the large packs that make 2 qts.)
- Sometimes I’ll add 1 tablespoon of Baobab powder if I’m feeling spunky to pack an extra punch
- Fill the remaining space of the pitcher with water (almost 2 quarts)
The True Lime Watermelon flavor is also super yummy in this recipe in place of the cherry. This will make a pitcher so you don’t have to make it every single day. Because trust me, you’re going to want to! I normally drink a pint jar at a time. If you drink a pint at a time, this pitcher will make four servings. Lots of Mamas drink GGMS daily because it packs a healthy punch of amazing benefits and helps curb cravings for something sweet all while keeping them hydrated. So mix it on up and enjoy!